PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson recruitment.
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2016, 14:36
busybee123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I left Jet2 for Thomson early last year. Got made full time within 6 months and got back pay for the PPY months I'd already done.
Average take home net on PPY50 after pension contribution over the summer was about £3900 ish. With an overtime flight added into a months payslip it was about £4400 and with a couple of overtime flights was about £4800. The overtime is very lucrative. So for my first year I reckon my P60 is gonna say about £79000. Not bad considering thats minus the 7k training cost. Flew around 700 hrs including overtime.
We were lucky that we got full time quickly, hopefully the same will carry on happening. Lots of people retiring and an expanding long-haul network so wouldn't be surprised if it does. Very friendly company to work for with a fair bit of variety, short haul/long haul, round the world trips on the 757, Canada on the 737, Training FO's etc etc.. Good loss of license, private medical etc... I definately wouldnt look back. Also unlike other airlines no fear factor of making a mistake, being delayed etc.. We have a very just culture and are treated like professionals.