PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL validity period with valid IR and FI....
Old 20th Mar 2016, 00:18
fwjc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In theory you have until the end of this month to complete your CPL training, test for it, and to apply for it. If you have already started training, this -might- be possible but I imagine it will be highly unlikely.

If you are unable to complete your training, you will remain as a PPL/IR. If you wish to complete a CPL at a later date, you will need to sit all of the CPL exams again. This would limit you to only ever being able to be a CPL/IR and you would never be able to "unfreeze" to become an ATPL holder. If you wish to be able to complete your ATPL at a later date, you will need to complete the ATPL exams again. There may be some small reduction in requirements due to the fact you have a current IR. For example if you had a CPL but no IR, when you resit the ATPLs you are exempt from the VFR Comms exam. I don't know what the exemptions might be, if any, in your case, without looking it up however I would recommend referring to CAP 804 in the first instance.