PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low cost in Europe vs Qatar (both sides of the coin)
Old 19th Mar 2016, 22:10
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Falck

can sign that what you wrote - even 150%. No Flagcarrier and especially no ME carrier can beat the right low cost contract.

Of course it helps if you "enjoyed" flying long range by yourself already, so you know, you are absolutely nothing missing anything here(I hated longrange). I still remember(with a shivering) this horrible long nightflights, then the sun starts to come out, right into your face. And you are still hours away from a bed....

I know as well guys over at QR(worked for QR as skipper by myself) and met some former collegues in EK when down in DXB. Sure, they try to sell it to you, because they really want to like it as well(it's just human, otherwise you would go nuts). But then, in the same sentence they ask you how is your current european employer and if he is hiring right now - and how much he is paying. That's the main problem for most of the guys staying to long in the ME - where do I get the same pay(ok, nowadays it's easy, go to bloody China and enjoy).

If you ask this guys(this ones that I know good) if they really like it - then it comes out. "Well it's ok, it's a job, this is better then being unemployed back home...." all this usual answers that all of us heard in their life and sometimes said to themself in their mind. I mean, if you are jobless and have no other options, of course you go for QR, EK, whatever.
But if there is the choice, you have a family and not sitting on a hugh loan(why the hell did you sign for that if you cannot pay it??) then I would always suggest Europe.

Good Luck as well from me!

Last edited by tomuchwork; 20th Mar 2016 at 00:17. Reason: spelling