PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low cost in Europe vs Qatar (both sides of the coin)
Old 16th Mar 2016, 21:36
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@easa

Most if not all things said already in all the posts above. If you have the chance to work low cost Europe or xxxx ME, well, for most guys it is a no brainer. Social security means a lot, especially with family.

And at the end you do not end up (anymore) with much more money on your bank account in the ME.

I went low cost Europe after some other airline job in Europe(with all this nightstops that I cannot stand anymore), before flying as QR skipper a few years. IMHO, forget QR and and go for the Low Cost job. Your family will thank you and you will enjoy it(I hope).

Lot's of South American in QR. Most of them enjoyed it because (their words, not mine) the ME is so much safer then SA. I heard that sentence(in various forms) from a lot of my SA FO's which made me really think why we Europeans always try to find that magic hair in the soup when flying back home with our various carriers. They are mostly far from perfect, but allow you a safe and normal life with normally adequate payment. Unfortunately most of the SA guys never have a chance to work in the EU(not the right license AND the right passport).

Almost forgot: Kudos for that conversion. Lot's of time and money spent on that. Nice wife that went relaxed with that decission. Use this advantage wisely.