PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Was the Nomad really that bad?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2016, 01:08
GregP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not privy to the aircraft's initial design and test parameters along the lines you're citing however, given that the wings are fully strutted and that i know that an exceptionally well qualified pilot rolled one a few times in testing, I'd be confident that it was/is a really tough ship. It was certainly no pussy in and out of dreadful paddocks and the like.

Moreover, so far as i was able to establish during A303's Inquiry there were no reports from anywhere of any insults to the type's structural integrity, including ALL control surfaces.

With respect to certain people (many of whom i nevertheless regard well), their various complaints about the aircraft were proven to be confected for reasons i was never able to get to the bottom of. [Although I've always suspected that they were not wildly enthusiastic about the Nomad because they may have thought that it's inclusion in their log books might not have been particularly impressive to a prospective airline employer? But perhaps I'm speaking out of order ...]