PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The wind knocked out of my sails today..
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2016, 12:06
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G can you explain in more detail what you mean by the graphs you have means that the control response increases with extra speed with gusts shear ?
I would think that was a good thing as obviously more speed means more control response and more available energy ?

On the day in question from the airport with severe windshear which a recently departed aircraft reported as such due to runway length I elected to add 10 Kts to VR and was glad I did as we experienced a severe wing drop soon after takeoff!

Whether FAA or the blasted EASA they must have used some technical detail in recommending 1/2 the gust factor for landing
Part of that will be more control authority
If you are recommending no speed increase over VREF regardless of conditions I am perplexed?
I would certainly not have liked to be a test pilot in the conditions I had with plus and minus 25 kts on the IAS flying the normal VREF
That would have put me at 80 KTS with less control authority! As I said not something I would like to try (( and hope to still remain flying in a straight winged Citation
My methods right or technically wrong have kept me safe in over 30 years flying

Pace