PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe
Thread: Flybe
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2016, 14:24
BugSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Learn the ropes

Hi All,

To summarise for all those who are wondering about bases etc etc as I suspect there are a few newbies heading there:

1) There are fewer better places in the UK to cut your teeth, especially on the Dash. Good training, good routes and challenging aircraft

2) All bases are much of a muchness but BHX has by far the most varied network (and the best crew )

3) Arrive with an exit plan. Keep an eye on your career; nobody but YOU can manage your career and as has been mentioned already - BEE is not a career airline.

4) The Q400 is a ZFT qualifying type for future airlines

5) If you want to stay because you need to be in the regions: go part time ASAP as it is the only way to cope with the roster

6) Typical roster is 6 on 2 off starting on earlies finishing on lates, repeat. Repeat. Then a 5 day cycle.

7) Time to command: about a year if you are qualified at the moment so I hear.

8) Worst bit: the roster. Best bit: the people

9) There are DEFINITELY worse places to work but there are also better rostering arrangements elsewhere.

10) Would I recommend the company to new pilots: absolutely. Would I recommend it to old-hands: yes, but only if you want to work at a regional airport and you are used to a LH lifestyle already.

I hope this helps!

BS