PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2016, 17:11
LEEDS APPROACH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Masterplan

The masterplan is really coming on now! First a pub and now a filling station! I can almost smell those Dreamliners and 777s.

The masterplan is just exactly as I predicted and is an excellent 'piece of work'. Just like the last masterplan (2005) it is indicative only (aviation) [not the filling station and not the housing estate and not the bypass and not the industrial estate] and date vague. Certainly some of the shown new apron will be built but not all of what is shown. When 2019 comes along then it will be the usual "well it was only indicative!" Just like the spotters said about the last masterplan that was not fulfilled. It will continue LBA airport growth for the next 14 years just as it has to continue but without the poor value for money big spend (on this site). I would estimate 4.2/4.3 million passengers by 2020 and in the region of 5 million by 2030. Winter will be fun!! Meanwhile elsewhere. Such a shame though that as a region in this interim period we are missing out on the flights that are required and viable and offered by other more suitable and functioning airports.

Last edited by LEEDS APPROACH; 9th Mar 2016 at 17:32.