PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRJ down in Sweden
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2016, 12:17
MrSnuggles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
172_driver yes, sure sure, all kinds of explanations.

Anyway, update from Statens Haverikommission (SHK) this morning! Brand new from the press, not published in any paper yet!

?Besättningen reagerade och kopplade ur autopiloten? - P4 Norrbotten | Sveriges Radio

Ett larm aktiveras och vinkeln på höjdrodret ändras så att nosen sänks. Motorerna får för lågt oljetryck. En varning hörs på att det är hög lutningsvinkeln. Ett nödanrop kvitteras av flygledningen.
My translation:

An alarm is activated and the angle of horizontal stabiliser is changed so the nose is lowered. The engines gets too low oil pressure. An aural warning sounds, alerting for too high slope angle*. A mayday is recognised by ATC.

Men besättningen regarade på att något inte var som det skulle och kopplade ut autopiloten. Förloppet ska ha varit under en och en halv minut. [..] Man pratar om fyra värden som inte överenstämmer med flygplanets läge. [..] Bland annat om den information som piloterna har på sina skärmar överensstämde med varandra.
My translation:

The crew reacted on something out of the ordinary and disconnected the autopilot. The whole event took place in less than 90 seconds. [..] SHK is commenting that four values (from the black boxes, my remark) does not agree with the information about the location of the plane** [..] Among those (values) it is unclear if the information on the pilots' screens were in sync.

Något tydligt svar på vad som orskade olyckan finns inte men något har hänt så att planet häftigt har vickat ner nosen och snabbt tappat höjd.
My translation:

There is no clear answer on what happened, but something took place so the plane made a rapid nose down movement and quickly lost altitude.

------------

* Here I am not sure what they really mean, someone may have a better explanation for this. "lutning" = slope, "vinkel" = angle, but it doesn't make sense even in Swedish.

** What position of the plane they refer to is not clear. No explanation if it is radar coordinates before or during the descent or GPS coordinates for the crash or whatever.