PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 8th Mar 2016, 12:32
TheOne83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guni83

Not an easy decision... what can we say other than you have to make a choice: A)Conference calls & Power Point or B)Flying career

I imagine you know your options well but since I don't read anything about it on your post I have to ask...

-Have you taken a look at the option of doing a modular course instead of a full time integrated ATPL course? if so what is your preference?
-Costs differences between integrated and modular course?
-Perhaps flying weekdays after work or weekends suits your life better together with a modular course if you can keep your job?
-Is your current employer willing to get you your job back after you are done with your training if you are absent for some time?
-What about a Medical certificate class I? Do you have one?
-Bank loans, can you get any extra financial help?

Don't get a type rating with out a job secured, it's like playing a lottery game. If you get a B737 rating who says that the company that hires you won't offer you a job on A320 or ATR72, given you pay for that rating. What I am trying to say with this is that you can end up paying for 2 type ratings instead of one or in the best case scenario the Company will take care of that. Some people may agree on this others maybe not. One thing is for sure, you have to decide what is best for you and your family and follow your dreams.

"Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable." -Sydney J. Harris