PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAAP Medical
Thread: CAAP Medical
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2016, 13:48
Black Crow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Piper2897m
Yes, I have been to the Phils 6 times, know the place well
Not to rain on your parade, but you don't know it well enough.

I dont care about the low pay because ill have other money coming in from other sources. Last time I checked CFIs in the U.S. dont make a fortune either. Its for time building.
You do realize a log book full of "RP" flight time as well as teaching on a CAAP license will be a job killer on your resume?

My main concern is that Westerns have NO rights in Philippines, and I could spend a bunch of money and nothing at the end of it either. We have NO rights there.
Yep. If you truly want to build quality time that will forward your career, there are first world countries you could go to where the process is easier (and not corrupt) and you are not risking your life in poor maintained aircraft with sub standard students.

Anyway, about the CAR exam, how many questions is that? I mean I have studied about 2 chapters online, out of maybe I think 15 chapters? Each PDF download is incredibly long.
Depends on how many sections they decide you must take. There are no clear answers just like every other part of the process.