PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow S76 Ditched in Nigeria today Feb 3 2016
Old 3rd Mar 2016, 15:14
[email protected]

Received 622 Likes on 270 Posts
This is the thing I hate most about military culture, it is all about point-scoring
HC that just goes to show how little you know about military aviation culture and your perspective must be coloured by some previous nasty experience.

Just remind me what is wrong with an instructor who has the technical knowledge, the ability to impart that knowledge, good flying skills and the ability to teach those skills to others (along with some humility of course).

If a student can't fly a manoeuvre to the required standard, surely the instructor demonstrates it so the student can see how it should be done - or am I missing something in the civvy world - and how is that 'points-scoring'.

The old adage 'Explanation, Demonstration, Imitation' is surely the bedrock of flying instruction

If you want your pilots to have a high level of skill then your instructors need to have at least that level - it's not about gonad measuring, it's about showing what can be done and to what degree of finesse and accuracy. Otherwise, how do your pilots ever improve?