PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 2nd Mar 2016, 11:24
Flyer Flier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Blunty

Originally Posted by 1066
Re Dougie's photo, post 4156
Greetings to you all,

I am gradually getting through all the posts, up to page 178 out of 209. It's like doing a walk in the Brecons, you think you're nearly there, but as you crest a hilltop, it's only a ridge and the top is still ahead a long way off!

I'm hoping to have reached the thread summit soon, when I will post some of my C130K photos for you. My profile says that I haven't been on pprune for over three years, as it had lost it's shine, but I flew with one the gents in Dougie's Aux photo post 4156 the other day, who told me about this thread and said I should have a look. I was at Lyneham and on 1312 Flt between 1986 and 1988. I was only there a couple of years as an Engineer Officer on A-Line, but I thoroughly enjoyed my time and certainly had some tremendous experiences both down route with the crews and on detachments to place like West Freugh and Masirah. I have already recognised some faces from various photos, including Paul "270degrees-on" on 4156 pic.
Kind Regards
Steve
Here's one of my pics from Albert Square March 1988: