PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LRS-B... The B-21
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2016, 13:35
Mechta

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's interesting to see how others are thinking along the same lines about that 'stealth' helicopter, as I wrote last year.
18th May 2015 20:24 by Mechta
There's always the possibility in the OBL raid, that after the hit itself, a sizable piece of a redundant experimental helicopter was dropped on the site (maybe from one of the CH-47s reportedly involved in the raid) to:

Make an iconic photo opportunity of an otherwise pretty nondescript location.
Give other nations the impression that the Americans were further ahead with putting stealth helicopters into service than they really were.
Add a significant amount of 'wow-factor' to the story.
Establish the level of co-operation between the Pakistanis/Chinese and/or others, before the subsequent retrieval of the 'wreckage'.
The Americans would have been well aware that the wreckage would soon be inspected by knowledgable foreign parties, thus a film set type mock-up would have been rapidly outed. Whatever was left behind would have had to be pretty convincing.
I'm still looking forward to some contradictory evidence. By the way, has anyone got a good photo showing damage to the wall or chewed up soil from where this 'stealth' helicopter thrashed itself to pieces? All the videos I've seen of helicopters dismantling themselves involve a considerable amount of earth and debris being flung around.

Last edited by Mechta; 1st Mar 2016 at 13:54.