PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK F/O - Cost of living in Dubai
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2016, 11:24
High Energy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why not look on the other side of the runway at flydubai? I know this is an ek F/O thread but a bit of info never hurts. Might not be a shiny 777/380 but a shiny 737 isn't too shabby either. At least no jetlag, home every day, good money, quick upgrade and the rosters aren't that bad as most make it seem to be.

Upgrade is around 2 years, EK stafftravel (low prio so be warned) and generally quite good conditions too. Plus actual 42 days of leave too. Soon IATA Z-fares so more options to travel other that being 'forced' to use EK. (with all due respect)

I seem to be saving quite a bit more than my buddy at EK with exactly the same family/spending composition. Although I rarely see him in Dubai and I've got 84hrs (busy month!) in March with 15 days off. Never flown so much in my career as I did here but equally I've never been home so much as here. I actually do most of the school runs myself and see the kids/family a lot.

If you want bigger and flashy go EK. But flydubai isn't a bad option either. Just saying. Now waiting to be shot down...

Last edited by High Energy; 28th Feb 2016 at 11:51.