PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AHIA - CASA/Industry working groups
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2016, 21:07
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rewriting CASRs. They have been given until 30 June 2016 to resolve the issues crippling the introduction EASA aligned flight crew training, covered in other threads.
Folks
The "EASA aligned" Part 61 is as about as much EASA as is the so-called EASA-like maintenance rules, they are entirely CASA's "interpretation", and nothing like the EASA "rule" in fact or in practice.
I admit that my experience is limited to UK CAA and the English language version,(and less so the Czechoslovakian version) my friends in the UK are "go-smacked" at CASA Australia seriously comparing the two, in theory or in practice, and the cost, complexity and restrictions, to which we are now bound.
Once again, it is a compromise of trying to make the wrong rules work (never having been rationally based on actual risks, and cost/benefit justified) instead of having rationally developed rules.After the industry representative spend so much well meaning volunteer time and effort, it will still be a cumbersome, complex, convoluted and horribly expensive and internationally un-competitive third grade lash-up, that detracts from air safety outcomes.
Tootle pip!!

Last edited by LeadSled; 28th Feb 2016 at 03:10. Reason: spelling corrections