PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2016, 07:50
2 Whites 2 Reds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neither option looks especially attractive to me. At a time when the industry is supposedly on the up, why are we accepting this continuing downward trajectory? Have BALPA become a glossy magazine subscription?

Option B appears to disadvantage those lower down the pecking order with the removal of the fixed element of flying pay. For those not senior enough to benefit from JSS while receiving unpredictable pay derived from a roster that published a couple weeks earlier than the current system. What's in it for those of us lower down the seniority list? Or does this just benefit those at the top?

Perhaps it's time to consider other options to the sacred cow that is Bidline. Fixed pattern rosters have worked very well in previous operators and continues to serve those at FR and EZY very well. Perhaps its something worth looking at for us.... (he says while running for cover)

With a mortgage and a young family to pay for, my instincts tell me that the current offer is a big move in the wrong direction.

Last edited by 2 Whites 2 Reds; 4th Feb 2016 at 09:20. Reason: Email from BALPA containing details shortly after posting