PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unique Sir Angus Houston AsA Requirement Will Reduce Safety
Old 3rd Feb 2016, 12:59
aussieflyboy

Received 309 Likes on 107 Posts
Well I'll try and keep the argument 2 sided for a bit longer. I'm also WA based and get identified for 95% of the time I'm in the air so it's obviously dependent on where you operate and of course how high.

As I mentioned before there are a few benefits such as direct tracking is much more readily available especially when diverting around weather and the forced upgrading of pathetic GPS units.

Anything to modernise the commercial GA fleet is a good thing. The passengers are starting to realise they are being flown around in aircraft the same age as kingswoods.

If you bought your aircraft 20 odd years ago and were putting money aside to upgrade it as new technology became available then this wouldn't be an issue for you - did you really expect NDBs to be around forever? and if you bought your aircraft recently and it wasn't fitted with the correct equipment then you either saved money or screwed up