PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New CDS Announced
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2016, 11:51
4everAD

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Courtney Mil
4ever,

RAF morale is more a job for CAS, CinC, AOC and local commanders. He will get his fingers into pies if he feels the need, but I would expect him to have the odd word in various shell-likes if feels things aren't being done properly.

Hangarshuffle,

Once again you are writing rubbish about a man and a post you clearly know nothing about. But if your bitter delusions fit your model of the world and give you comfort, then go with them.

As for being impressed by top people resigning, we've been through this before. I am more impressed by those that stick it out and fight for what they feel is right. The Armed Forces are not democracies where petulant teenagers can throw all their toys out of the cot because they didn't get their own way. Rest assured, Sir Stu will be a fighter, where required. You can also rest assured that he won't feel the need to explain his actions to the likes of you or I.
Courtney, agreed it should be a job for the RAF SLT however in my humble opinion they've been so hell bent on protecting/acquiring kit through the SDSR process that they've taken their eyes off the manpower issues the RAF has. I may appear to be a bit bitter about this and I can assure you it is with good reason: My pay stands to be cut in 3 years by £2,000 if protection is not extended, my rent on my Quarter is due to double, my pension is now far less than promised and my NI payments are due to go up by £32 a month. My trade's future direction is uncertain and from anecdotal evidence pvrs are soaring. Good news is very sparce at the moment!