PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2016, 21:54
heliusac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are expected to be within 90 minutes of your base.
Is that still the case? I thought it was 2 hrs now with the new FTL's ie 2 hour stby call out?

I live 90 mins away from my base but only commute it in winter as there is so little flying that doing it a few days a month isn't fatiguing. However in summer no chance with regular 6 on 2 off rosters it would be a killer to then drive 90 mins each way on top of a long shift. So a lot of crews have local accommodation for the season.

It's very unlikely they will take Ex RAF people in as SFO's as they don't with anyone else not even experienced on type people. So that £62k will be somewhat less when you join as an FO. Then you will have to do your porridge and apply for SFO like everyone else and command could me many years off especially if you don't have any multi crew jet experience.

That said this was an article in the Mail so who know's what shred of truth is in it? Don't most airlines like ex military people, can't see why it's a big deal of course Jet 2 are going to go after ex mil and the RAF didn't have to accept the advert did they?