PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much further does this manning crisis go with EK?
Old 18th Jan 2016, 04:40
Kapitanleutnant

Since they haven't done all those things 1201, I have to surmise that there are still enough new joiners wanting to expose themselves to the daily bashings and fatiguing rosters they surely read about here... go figure!!!

I keep hearing everyone say the wheels are falling off... yet the operation still seems to be going "seamless" at least to those on the outside. I first heard this term about wheels falling off 4-5 years ago regards to EK ops but to date... the EK machine keeps going!! Amazing.....

I recall about year ago March-ish we had a washup and the individual mentioned to us, that nothing would change until jets were having to park due no crew.

Well, while I'm no longer there doing 97 hours, I hear from more than a few colleagues still there, that some flights are quietly redistributed due no crew and in the case of PTY "delayed awaiting codeshare approval" type occurrences are more frequent than ever before.

So.... this tells me EK will never change anything as they must save face and never admit they've bit off more than they could chew.