PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2016, 20:56
kirungi1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedbird_cadet;

Tottenham or Timbuktu....sorry to spoil the illusion but its just not a factor.

You come across as someone with the opinion that there is a secret agreement within BA that 'Only EU Citizens' must be allowed in... which is ludicrous. You need only take a flight with BA to see how it specifically recruits 'International Crew' because of the value they add to their global business.
You have a strong point to support your point of view based on this above, and I agree but do not accept that it applies specifically to what I had initially expressed "doubt" in. What you will not state objectively is about the fraction that would have come on board through such programmes like the FPP. BA will recruit a DEP fron anywhere if you meet the standard, which is a different matter. But I am talking about the substantial investment / opportunity as an FPP! We all know how wonderful BA is with it's multinational crew (that's not new) but what I would task you to, is with reference to the FPP just as FlyVeryHigh- has been objective.
Again, let me be clear, I was expressing a "doubt" which has been over turned via that Canadian example. I think that is not an illusion as anybody would be entittled to a query on this forum and quite frankly a bit of rationale and courtesy reflect some quality.

It is also important to distinguish between 'Eligible to Apply' and 'Meeting the Standard'. Dont forget the eligibility criteria also factors in things like security clearances for airside passes etc. as well as the minimum education requirement. (Dont forget some of the eligibility factors are also dictated by the CAA for those who are undertaking Approved Integrated fATPL courses)
BA claims that "Anybody of any nationality...." would be eligible to apply knowing so well that "some of the eligibility factors are dictated by the CAA" as you have stated and ofcourse your security clearance et cetera. Now draw your own conclusions from there to see just how hard BA would have to adjust itself to accomodate certain applications even if they would meet the standard.

Last edited by kirungi1; 12th Jan 2016 at 12:39.