PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2015, 14:51
Luke_Stern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First things first, I have to put my questions (below) into context: I'm thinking about joining BA via the FPP. I know this is DEP thread but w/ Search I've gathered this is *the* thread in which many BA FOs & CPTs regularly stop by, so I hope some of you could help me by answering my questions.

(1) I read BA is one of few airlines that offers TRI (maybe also TRE?) position also to FOs. Teaching is one of my passions. If I could combine SH flying w/ TR instructing, that would only boost my motivation to join BA. Questions:
(1.1) How senior & how much flying hours does a pilot at BA have to have to be sent to TRI course and start working as a TR instructor?
(1.2) My goal for instructing isn't to become rich. OTOH, South East England is one of the most expensive parts of the world to live in. A cadet salary for the first 7 years is substantially lower than the DEP salary. So I have to ask is the work of a TRI (later TRE?) @ BA extra financially remunerated? If affirmative, how higher is the salary?

(2) Roster. I understand junior FOs at LGW don't have any influence over their roster at beginning. I'd like to know how senior would one have to be to successfully bid for following roster: From July till September work any roster. From October till June bid for time off - each week 2 specific workdays off (i.e. 2 predefined consecutive or non-consecutive regular workdays from Monday till Friday) and fly all other workdays and whole weekends, e.g.: every Monday&Thursday OFF and other 5 days of the week ON. Can a junior FO get such a roster in 2 or 3 years from joining BA? If not, after how many years?

I know I'd like to fly for BA, but I have to consider all aspects of the job. I'd appreciate honest and truthful answers. Thanks.