PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Andy Hill interviewed
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2015, 22:36
Courtney Mil

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Salad Dodger
The closed shop that some on this forum would like to see is not healthy.
Uninformed speculation by visitors here who's sole source of ideas is the Daily Mail Online and who are hungry to see someone hung out to dry - that's not healthy. What you describe as "closed shop" is purely a desire to try to stop that naive, vindictive, speculative rubbish that is all too prevalent at times like this. If it were not for the fact that we have seen what happens when the accident chasers appear out of the woodwork here, I suspect we could have a useful, well-informed debate about it. As it is, any such discussion would rapidly descend into speculative, not to mention libellous, accusations. We've already seen how some of you have determined that the "figure" was poorly flown, that the entry height would certainly have resulted in a crash and that the lack of any technical faults being found by the inquiry equates to pilot error. And you wonder no one wants to encourage that kind of debate here.

Originally Posted by Salad Dodger
If I can just remind everyone that this accident killed 11 people, some of whom had absolutely no involvement with the airshow.
It doesn't matter how many many people died and how involved or otherwise they were, no amount of speculative debate here is going to make any difference to them nor (more importantly) is it going to find any substantiated answers.

It is the fact that you and others cite how tragic the outcome of the accident was that convinces me that reasoned, dispassionate debate is not on your menu.

Last edited by Courtney Mil; 26th Dec 2015 at 23:18.