PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liberal Party wins, Bombardier wins
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2015, 18:36
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ex

Sorry mate, my perception, due to many of your past remarks (and others) regarding the CSeries, is that you (they) seem to enjoy re-quoting sources who are doing nothing more than reading tea leaves and best guessing second guessers. One thing is for sure and certain, many writers of these articles write from the perspective of an outsider with nothing more to go on than speculation and wonder.

I've read the FT drivel. Sorry, but I doubt their's anything wrong with BBD's dream that they haven't or can't address. Your only repeating a perception you may have gleaned when referring to recent articles. Consider this, you may be one of those 'distant' analysts.
I read the article on Monday but thanks for it just the same. I too thought, BBD have had a rough road to certification but the aircraft is certified. Things should only get better. And they are. It's a nothing statement to say BBD have some serious competition. Of course they do. It's preposterous to say others will bury them when we can never know or be certain until there is a history. Right now there is only a possible future for this company and its CSeries. Till now it's only been speculation on the future, which we are both doing whilst waiting for it to unfold.

Car sales are easy, we buy what we can afford. Airlines are no different. They get their best deal and buy what they can afford. Explain to us if you will the smooth road Sukhoi have had with their Superjet, which by the way, is no competitor to the CSeries from any perspective you'd like to take. We might look at other types, like the A380 or B787. BBD experiences a similar track record with less delay than the others and you want (along with others) to tell the world the CSeries is dead. Only a matter of time and BBD will be history?

United may be in the market to buy some new aeroplanes. But to this point in time, I'm unaware that there is any clear leader in that competition. Despite what I've read. Unless we go with what some speculator thinks he believes is the likely winner? United simply haven't said yet who gets what for an order.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for engaging. Have a very Happy Christmas, enjoy your time with your loved ones and all the best in the New Year.

Willie