PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern wannabes
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2015, 10:38
777newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very good post by Biggus

I can certainly confirm the accuracy of what was stated having been here for almost 3yrs.

A couple of points to add if I may.

In regard to PIC. Domestic PIC was introduced on the 330 when the foreign pilots asked for it. It is likely that International PIC was not given soon after as the pilots didnt ask for it due to the fact that domestic PIC turned out to be bloody awful. Huge delays and disruptions. So bad that such flights are now rarely scheduled due to the possibility of messing up the monthly RSP roster.

For those who have concerns regarding logging hours and what not at CSA. Some of the most senior 330 foreign pilots are now cleared for international PIC. In addition, some of those guys have also been sent for instructor training.

The 330 fleet still seems to be the best run. Here on the 777, things continue to improve slowly. I dont have enough info to confidently state how the 787 is going.

For those seriously considering giving it a try I would suggest caution regarding the suggestion of simply applying via another agent due to a full quota (BTW thats the first I have heard of quotas). Once an agent submits your paperwork you are stuck forever, so be careful.

The Tasman debacle was just that, a debacle. Whilst the person concerned is a quite a nice chap, as an agent he was wrong to screw a fellow pilot. It was a very sad state of affairs that will not be easily forgotten.

There are some good agents out there and they are not too hard to find.

Good luck to any who take the plunge.