PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC checks coming to an airport near you
Old 17th Dec 2015, 11:28
Ovation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ther's been a few rants about ASIC and what a waste of time and money it is, including the thread by Sunfish in 2008. It seems nothing's changed.

CASA - You Can Stick Your Online ASIC Application Up Your ***

I just renewed my ASIC and supplied a recent passport sized photo, but my mistake was to use the same image I'd supplied for the 2013 renewal. Needless to say, it was noticed and the application held over, with the request to supply a more recent one.

The stupidity is, the primary proof of identity was my driver's licence which was issued in 2009, and a passport using the image that was rejected.

Some of the other things that really annoys me are having to repeat information I've given them since I first got one in 2003, because they don't have the intelligence to split ASIC into an "Initial" issue and a "Renewal" issue, and then there's that really dumb question - "why do you want an ASIC"?

If I didn't want one, I wouldn't be wasting time and money applying for one. I really don't want one but the rules say I need one to access security controlled airports. This whole ASIC thing is a bad joke.