PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Trainee First Officer
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2015, 08:44
windcutter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to be off track...I have foreign PPL and I since we cannot get jobs outside India, I am thinking to join IGRUA or NFTI and get campus or contract of Air India/Indigo respectively. Both the institutes said I have to start from scratch and get my Indian PPL and then CPL and go on with the course from day 1 just like everyone else. From rules perspective it seems right but from money and experience perspective I am at the loosing end. I have few options/questions, I would like to know if they are feasible?-

1) Should I study on my own from one of the Indian flying clubs and save money and try through open market with self sponsored type rating?
2) If IGRUA/NFTI then can i at least maintain my own log book so that I can start with Indian PPL afresh but don't loose my hours from old PPL? Is it even possible/legit/legal to keep foreign license details and again get a new one afresh? Or conversion is compulsary?
3) Would I loose all those PPL hours completely if institutes disagree to maintain my own logbook?
4) It will surely create hassles while creating computer number for theory papers. Since it asks for flying exp hours and license details till today, I am confused what to put.
5) I recently got my Indian class 2 medical done. If you get into any of these institutes what would be the ideal period to get your class 1 done so as not to waste any months of class 1 validity while preparing for theory.

Last edited by windcutter; 17th Dec 2015 at 08:57.