PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet DEP recruitment
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2015, 22:59
Cliff Secord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a long haul pilot based in the far east. Being away isn't great. But I've done short haul too. And I'll tell you what, I can't remember it enough to say if it was worse. If you find a decent long haul outfit in the UK (either of the 2 ) it is hard pushed to say whether 5 days of up at 0300 or back home at 0300 is worse than eastern seaboard and back, or Boston with the jet lag from the 24 hour slip then into 3 days off.

You know, to this day I still can't decide or get my head around it. And Ive been doing it a fair old wack. You sit down on the bed in a hotel in NY with 1.5 nights away from home and think "this isn't home" and feel lonely for a little bit. Yet, 1.5 nights on a short haul roster, or charter airline roster flying deep nights. Would I be more happy? Rested? Would I appreciate home after those 5 days work? I don't know.

I wish it were possible to try an Easy roster for a day. I'd probably be shell shocked being a fat long haul slob But then I would've have to do 4-5 days solid schlepping at O' whatever hundred before my days off, whereas 2 flights, home, albeit jet lagged, then days off? I don't know. I honestly don't know.