PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet DEP recruitment
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2015, 22:23
Count of Monte Bisto

Received 172 Likes on 64 Posts
Plastic787 - my hearty congratulations that you have been offered a job at BA, and may I genuinely encourage you to accept such a great opportunity. There may or may not be hundreds of pilots about to leave easyJet - I frankly hope you are right, as it puts pressure on terms and conditions which can only be good news for those who do not leave. As others have pointed out, however, it does not matter how many people leave - they will primarily be replaced by young lads with their parents' money who will gladly accept no salary whatsoever for a couple of years if that is what the deal was. Sure, they will bleat and whine about it, but they will still take the deal - and that is where the problem lies. In the all-important supply and demand statistics, there are way more people willing to work for easyJet than they have jobs to give out - that means low salaries for inexperienced First Officers, which they will just lap up. It is a very harsh and depressing assessment, but pretty accurate nonetheless.