PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet DEP recruitment
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2015, 23:29
Count of Monte Bisto

Received 233 Likes on 81 Posts
Geko - what absolute and utter cobblers. The whole problem is that there are not 'hundred of first officers, even those close to command' leaving for British Airways. If there were, then we would have a much better deal. We have many first officers who are actively choosing to stay at easyJet despite it being a boom time recruitment spree at BA - that actually makes our pay claims harder. Also, you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes or what discussions senior captains have with our management. To suggest that our FOs find 'blame and humiliation' from captains is just fantasy. I am a massive union supporter (BALPA in the case of the UK-based pilots). As any UK employees will be aware, the freedom to move in the UK is significantly less than that on the continent. Nonetheless, I am totally supportive of any moves to sort out contracts. There are a number of aspects to new entrant contracts that I do not like, but unless the union wants to fight the case there is not a whole lot that can be done. I do, however, stand by my statement that there is no barrier to any new pilot in terms of where they can end up.

Once again, it is critical for pilots who want to join easyJet to do so with an understanding over what they are getting into. Overall BA is a better deal, but presumably if they were offering you a job you would not be wasting your time here.