PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet DEP recruitment
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2015, 14:35
Count of Monte Bisto

Received 180 Likes on 67 Posts
Hearty Meatballs - regarding working into days off, many people have never done it. I am in my 12th year at easyJet and have done it twice - both of which were in the same month last summer. Under the new agreement, no pilot will work into his day off unless the problem arises on the last sector down route and he wants to get home. Ultimately the Company have done their calculations and think they can cope with the fall-out of this choice. To me it seems shortsighted but we will soon find out next summer if they have made the right call. In the meantime, it really is a non-issue for the vast majority of people in terms of any real effect on their pay - it just means they will not work into their day off as a favour to the Company. Despite any protestations to the contrary there is a clear route from the lowest FO to the the most senior Training Captain at easyJet, and as I have said many times to all those out there who are looking at joining us - check your contract and if you do not like it I hope you manage a better job somewhere else.