PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2015, 14:03
BASHLH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holdpoolin,

Congratulations on getting into the hold pool.

There are many positives to sites like pprune for sharing information, however it is a rumour network so there fore don't trust everything that is typed.

I'm not in the know of how the next 350/400 pilots for 2016 will be recruited but obviously there is a great need for LH NOW... That's not to say that non type rated holdpoolers are now not required. The facts are that there is a great deal of movement internally, nearly everyone of my 2011 batch are leaving the 320 for LH or seat change... We have to be replaced which is why the company are rigidly sticking to the 5 year engagement freeze (bar C32L/X). BA have run out of internal 'unfrozen' bidders hence the need for LH DEP's. I'm quite sure we will then require 320 DEP's type rated or not, as not all the 350/400 new pilots will go to LH... It's just a question of when. FACT we need pilots so your in as positive a situation as you could be in.... Don't believe posters who say we don't need you, how do they know? I don't & I'm not even sure BA know.... Things change very quickly.....

LC is a very trusted manager, he is one of only a few that know the plan for the next few months. I'm sure they are working on a plan... You just might be towards the end of that plan!

My Advice would be to Stay positive, & stay in touch with the recruitment team every couple of months... If I hear any further Facts then I will of course post.

Rgds BASHLH