PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet DEP recruitment
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2015, 22:41
Plastic787

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
In a vicious battle with Monarch? I have to confess that one made me chuckle.

I'd hazard a guess the real reason the share price has dropped dramatically since the results came out is the little matter of Jihadis mowing down 130 people in a major western city (Europe and the World's most visited city no less) coupled with same Jihadis blowing a Russian A321 out of the sky departing one of the company's profitable destinations.

That kind of stuff has the ability to put a dampener on all airline stocks, as it has. Easyjet is not in isolation in having its share price drop, just look at IAG.

Airline competes with another airline shocker!! I suppose the fact that easyJet posted a £650 Million+ profit competing against Ryanair (and yet increased its profits from last year in the face of the increased competition, converse to your argument) means it can plead poverty.

BA this year comfortably outperformed easyJet's profit despite carrying less passengers and burning more fuel. This is an airline that fully funds not only new type ratings but fully funds conversions onto new fleets. Food for thought.

Just so you know I'm not anti easyJet. Training: Top notch, Colleagues: ditto, Variety: Can't be beaten on short haul, Job security: Unparalleled. But the recruitment processes I would not put in the same category and other people have used the words throughout this thread. I will decline to do so although you can maybe guess my opinion.

Last edited by Plastic787; 30th Nov 2015 at 23:41.