PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Answer yes or no to the RAF bombing Syria this coming week.
Old 30th Nov 2015, 20:56
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ShotOne
That's a reasoned post, jockey but surely what's needed more than more bombs, is a plan? Nobody on this thread, and more worryingly, parliament, has laid down anything resembling one. IS aren't marching around in the open waving black flags and the idea that the Free Syrian Army are capable of defeating them is, if not delusional, optimistic in the extreme...and even if they did, then what? Do we even know what "victory" would consist of?
I don't know about Parliament but both here and in the papers is a viable plan - Blockade, close borders, seize financial assets, stop export of oil, if it moves shoot it.

Then there is a point about bombing. They have talked about precision weapons but often equated bombing with WW 2, etc, but I suggest modern bombing is more akin to snipping or machine gun with a low probability of collateral damage.