PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore AAIB Report - B777-300ER Loss of Separation Incident (Houston)
Old 27th Nov 2015, 16:04
JammedStab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATC Watcher
JammedStab

I though we had passed these "excuses" part, the way TCAS works you cannot have any form of excuse for manoeuvring against the sense of an RA. Under mode S , RAs are coordinated and the other aircaft is then very likely to follow its own RA and manoeuvre directly towards you.
I am constantly amazed and sad to see how many pilots and controllers still do not get it .
Correct.

Originally Posted by ATC Watcher
As to issuing a DEP SID clearance mentioning the restriction altitude ,as a Controller , that would make a lot of sense, especially if you have a traffic opposite .
I believe the whole point of the SID is so that the controller does not have to mention these things. If the controller starts having to mention the altitude restrictions because of an error, then the controller starts having to mention the routing because of another error, then the speed restrictions because of someone else's error, then the controller might as well do it the old way where there were no SID's. And then after that, there will be a miscommunication between controller and pilot leading to an error requiring SID's to be issued again.

The better solution is to just read the chart properly. No system is foolproof. But printing important things more clearly, as has been done after this incident should help.