PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ejectees - MB1 Watch
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2015, 12:55
Tarnished

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Ejectees - MB1 Watch

Heads up and a bit of a trawl to see if anyone else has had similar approach to the PM I received from T.A.N. below. Not something I would consider that is going to get him much cred in the pub.

What do you think?

Small proposition: MB1

Good afternoon,

My name is Tim Noakes and I'm looking to buy a Bremont MB1 (a watch that can only be ordered by a Pilot that has ejected from a Martin Baker ejection seat). I love the company and think its the best looking watch they do. I

ve been saving for the past 4 years to buy a watch and recently discovered that Martin Baker pay a percentage towards the MB1, which therefore means i have a little bit of money spare in my budget.

My offer would therefore be to ask for your permission to used your ejection details to order the watch (which i obviously pay for), and then i give the extra £2,000 i save to you as a thank you. Essentially i can offer you £2,000 to place an order for a watch.

Side note - I have no interest in buying the watch to tell people I'm and ejectee or a pilot, i just love the look of it and need a watch that can withstand my clumsiness!

I have a lovely watch lady in London that can facilitate this deal, and I'm willing to meet you anywhere in the UK to discuss this is person. Alternatively we can talk on the phone or on skype. You're the boss.

Finally, i understand that ejections are both traumatic and personal events, and so i want to stress that i mean you no offence or discourtesy in asking this of you. I hope my contacting you out of the blue hasn't offended you, and i look forward to your reply.
Best,
Tim