PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proof that DAS Skidmore is a new broom
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2015, 18:23
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Triadic:

A big meeting of managers in Bris am today bringing some changes to the structure, and it seems more to follow - full details not yet available. He is consulting like we have never seen before from a DAS which is a good thing and I believe he is listening.
"We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralisation." - Allegedly Petronius.

I am sure the good AVM. Skidmore is consulting his backside off and means well.

However, it's not what they say, it's what they do that must be watched.

As far as I can see nothing has changed:

1) Attempted to change details at CASA web portal - not registered, but of course that response doesn't come up on the web, you have to email CASA to find out why it isn't working. When I attempted to register, I get the "how do we know its you?" response. And no, you don't get a faxed passport and ASIC image either. My details are incorrect and can stay that way.

2) Yet after that, like everyone else, I still get a CASA text ordering me to do something online. WTF???????

3) Then I try and snare a registration mark for the new aircraft. Which I cannot do online, but have to print, manually fill in, scan and email a form plus $65. Result? A letter (snail mail) received written in the most autistic, stilted impenetrable style saying words to the effect that "my request is non conforming to legislation because the requested mark is no longer available", and thats $65 smackers for just saying "NO". …and another $65 to try again. Folks, this is a symptom of total administrative incompetence and make work.

NO CASA is not changing. Not at all. Not ever.