PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2015, 13:27
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fluffy bunny

The MoD decided to move put the Viking on a military type certificate and pay a well respected UK engineering company to oversee that type certificate, this arrangement has run for years.

Why should Grob take responsibility for aircraft that have been out of there oversight as well as for maintenance practices, repairers and modifications that they have had no input ?

If I was Grob I would take the view that the MoD got themselfs into this mess and those who the MoD paid to administer he type certificate should do what they have being paid for and help get the MoD out of the mess !( but I do have to say that the situation is by and large not the type certificate holders fault ).

Chugalug2

You would do very well to carefully read Engines post he has just about summed up the way forward.

Some on these pages give the impression that nothing is happening, this could not be further from the truth, the engineering oversight process is being delt with and other ways of bringing gliding to cadets is being investigated, very soon I would expect to see Vikings take to the air. Once all the paperwork issues are finally resolved I expect the recovery rate to accelerate with only the capacity of the UK glider industry limiting the flow of serviceable aircraft.