PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK log book certification
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2015, 08:45
Commuter0815

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, you might be surprised how many good pilots are still around and just did not bother about the ME. Or they had some ME Command experience(I used to work as captain with a big ME carrier) but just could not stand that place anymore.

But to be honest - European companies getting more and more ridiculous in terms and conditions. Just a few of the big players offer still decent contracts but then you are stuck there as FO for life(at least the older guys of us, me included).

To be honest, after being a long time out of the middle east and flying this and that EK(don't bother about the other 2 "great" carriers down there, brrr) becomes simply interesting again. Even if you need to start as FO, the pay is decent and normally still much more then what you get as Capt. here in Eurolandia.

The company has good standards a normally not so bad pilots(it seems to go down a bit, or I just met always overexcited EK guys on the radio, as they used "super" on EACH call they could just push through that radio, so the last guy on the frequ. would know the EK 380 is around ).

EK is def. worth a shot.

Regarding the certification of the logbook - it's always good to be proactive and have that thing stamped in the office as often as possible. One day after bankruptcy is a day to late and stamps are normally the first thing that will disappear .

Local authorities normally never stamp logbooks(they have no record of your flying hours, at least not most countries in Europe).