PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 19th Nov 2015, 22:01
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr Ripley, et al,

That's some great input to handling Albert, which few of us have ever had the chance to do. For some, like myself, a limited experience as a glider pilot etc meant I had opinion, though no grounds for judgement on what was happening to the aircraft I was in. I really believe that whilst many, FJ etc pilots, will talk of "trash haulers" etc, that comment is mainly based on ignorance of the different, yet equally challenging roles Albert has played throughout a long career with the RAF. I can only equate to a lot of the effort to "operate" Albert with a quick mention of doing an hours fighter affil with A* H****n in the LH seat. I hung out of the LH para door that day, and was about as much use as an ashtray equipped motorcycle, the front end crew to a man left the aircraft on shutdown with sweat drenched clothing. No, not the Gulf, Norway in February. It's not all AA and ACC. I knew you drivers airframe knew something thanks all for bringing me home every time !

Smudge