PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2015, 10:17
OttoMatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For starters I do realize that different people have different problems, but here's mine: Since the email about no NTR 320 courses will be available went out yesterday I'm potentially stuck on a turboprop for a no future company earning barely half the entry level wage of a BA anything pilot even though I've had years and years in my company. Why? Because even though I'm high up the hold pool list I got leapfrogged by people with a rating (which I do understand), but more importantly by people with a rating who initially failed in different stages of the recruitment but got called back to retake just parts of it even though I worked hard and managed to pass everything straight off the bat...

I get that it's a cost thing and I get that it's a training capacity thing, but it sure feels more unfair and more of a problem than someone being off because of the fact that they were offered 320 and someone they know got straight in to LH. Perspective, people.... I'll be very disappointed for a while for sure since my career goal was about to be fulfilled, but hopefully the "this situation may, however, change" will come in to force sooner rather than later.