PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swinburne Bachelor of Aviation 2016
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2015, 23:57
rpiya1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey,
I recently went over to New Zealand and went through the assessment session for CTC Aviation and was successful. (CTC Aviation and CAE Oxford are both European companies that compete with each other so I think the assessment will be similar). The selection involved the PILAPT Aptitude tests which test hand eye coordination, multitasking, use of joystick etc. If possible you should purchase joystick for $15 on Gumtree and get used to it. Download FlightGear if you want (Free). After that there was a mental arithmetic test (15 Questions to complete in 15 Minutes). I found it pretty easy but some people found it difficult. Depends on your knowledge I guess. After that I had to present a mini lecture to see if I have the communication skills to become a flight instructor - don't think this will apply to you as I was applying for training with a guaranteed flight instructor job at the end. Finally there was an hour interview about yourself, aspirations, customer service abilities etc. Have some examples for this and should be fine. I would feel that CAE would have a similar selection process minus the mini lecture.

Best of luck.