PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 17th Nov 2015, 08:40
Commuter0815

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 10 cents about some suggestions here what is better the EK in the middle east.

1.Some guys say Qatar is one of the top destinations for european pilots. I was there a couple of years ago(and was quitting there after 2 years because it was unbearable) - QR knows they have to pay a ****load of money to convince pilots to join them(and to replenish because of all the people leaving).
When I was there management was not really great(nicely said), fleetchiefs more or less the same as management, rostering horrible(i had up to 23 rosterchanges/month, no bull****). I would say, forget QR(and Doha, brrrr).

2. QR Executive just the same as I hear.

3. Had a look at the Turkish "gig" last year - can not suggest that really.The Turkish Lira is in free fall and you don't know what will happen with your salary over the next couple of months. Plus leaving(and driving ) in Istanbul, everyone who had a look at that knows what I mean. Only good point is that IST is closer to europe then DXB,but within 6 hours you are at home flying out of DXB - good enough for me.

If it has to be Turkey then consider Sunexpress, they are looking urgently for Captains and pay in Euros. But not really great either, lots of flying, salary around 6300 Euros(depends on experience), need a place there and effectively just 5 days at home if commuting(7 days in a row/month).

4. Maybe Fly Dubai is worth a shot.

Based from my "Doha Experience" I must say that the location is of outmost importance for "long term happiness"(at least for me). And saying that I can just think of Dubai in the Middle East where I would like to spend a longer period(and I do a lot of ME flying, currently operating a heavy businessjet in command but looking to go back to to old airline operation).

After a lot of years not living anymore in the ME I decided it is time again to give it a shot and I applied for EK, got a positive reply within 48 hrs and sitting now in the holding pool.

I had a read over the last few pages of this Thread and found some test prep sites that are suggested.

Is that one from "latestpilotsjobs" any good and can be suggested(maybe someone who ACTUALLY made it inside EK)?

Any other way of preparation required or is everything covered in the offered preparation? E.g. I did the "Mollymawk" prep for Sunexpress, but then decided that this company is not really my long term career goal. Everything was covered in the "Mollymawk"...

Looking forward to hear some suggestions, thank you!