PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 10th Nov 2015, 13:01
Flo121142

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Normally I don't comment on these threads, this times however I followed the thread a bit more closely. On thing I didn't see mentioned here before is that when the event happend the ACT was propably just becoming empty (total Fuel on Departure, around 21 tons according to the documents published by Metrojet, and the Wing+CWT Tank can take a total amount of around 19 tons), this might be somehow related. Does anybody know the pax load for the previous flights? I noted that they landed with 17 tons of fuel remaining on on flight, according to my calculations (and obviously depending on the MLW of the specific aircraft - there are several weight variants available to airlines) they should not be able to upload more that around 110-120 passengers on that flight...
RE: A0283 The autopilot is disconnected with the instintive button on the side stick. The button on the FCU is only used to engage the AP - a disconnection with the FCU button is a "involuntary disconnection" (according to Airbus) and not normally used. It would not take more that 2 or 3 seconds to reach for the stick and disconnect the AP. However in many non normal situation disconnecting the AP won't be the first action, as the AP is able to handle most malfunctions and removes a lot of workload from the crew in a potentially critical situation. But I guess in this case (rapidly developing unusual attitude) it propably was the first action (if the AP did not disconnect by itself anyway...)
RE: Funfly If you give a input on the sidestick (with enough force to overcome the lock) the AP will disconnect anyway...