PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Latest on Korean Air
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2015, 06:18
Uplink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I am looking at the KAL contract and have a few questions of anyone is able to answer.

I have read the posts above. It's nice to see an unbiased honest view. The one question I have is reference the days off. I see they talk about having 9 days off in a row with a max of 16. Are you able to end a month with days off and stat the next month with days off, thereby giving 16 in a row?

I would probably join on the 777 but could also do 380. I think the 777 would be a wiser idea in the long term. Is the route structure workable for a commuter from Europe?

The training I hear can be hit or miss? Some of the posts go back to 2011. Is this still the case?

I have read that some take several blocks of work in the month separated by days off. Is this workable? Or Is it better in a commuting roster to take the whole block.

Do they work you to your max?

How often on the return sector to Europe do you have to sit in Econ? Are there any destinations in Europe that are better to travel out of/to?

As KAL is recruitment is run through agencies, how are TAS to deal with?

On the 777 what s the ratio of freighter flights to pax flights. Do you do many turnarounds?

How easy is it to get the family on a flight to join you down route?

Would appreciate any info for the above.

Rgds

Last edited by Uplink; 10th Nov 2015 at 06:27. Reason: Additions