PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 9th Nov 2015, 14:49
A0283

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still missing update 8

Another set of pictures that i am still looking for is a better top down view of the main impact site. From the cockpit section to the wing.

When you look at the available images it COULD look like roughly three section segments that lie in a zig zag, one segment behind the other, between cockpit and wing.
You may have expected a denser debris field. But we dont know how long there was a fire and what rescuers had to do to put out the fire and recover the passengers.

When you estimate the distance between wing and cockpit, and then would add distance because of the possible zigzag ... what do you get? Has anyone measured either one of those two distances?

The max total length that i expect would run from behind the front pax door to a number of frames before the third pax door.

Early on i wondered whether the whole fuselage was visible. But the clear section segment around the third pax door rejects that. Which means that my impression is that we are still missing the aft cargo hold as described in update 7.