PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 9th Nov 2015, 13:27
Barry Plumb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parts Missing

I am completely new to Pprune. I am a light aircraft pilot and engineer. I have read this thread as it has developed over the last week, and followed with interest as the various parts have been found and photographed.

A028 has provided a recent update on which parts of the aircraft are missing, and I agree with his list. However, there is one other part of the aircraft that I have not been able to account for since the beginning of this thread.

Early pictures showed the two engines that had separated from the wings and fallen to earth some distance from the wings etc. Both engines APPEAR to be generally intact, except the left engine fan which rests in a sooty condition on it's own having separated from the engine.

However the picture of the left engine is misleading since everything forward of the Turbine section seems to be missing. This means that the compressor and combustion sections ie, a very large part of the engine, have not so far been shown to us.

Has anyone seen where these parts have gone ?