PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corbin and CDS Squaring-Up
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2015, 19:41
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Haven't very senior officers been asked to express, shall we say, a professional opinion publicly before now?

I watched the interview and apart from the slightly pejorative remark about fear of Corbyn becoming PM, all he did was explain the logic of the deterrent and how it would be foolhardy to undermine it in such a way by promising never to rely on it. But as has been oft said of the Jeremy Corbyns of this world, he's seems a nice chap but on the political front I rather fancy that he is subjective in whom he himself thinks is playing foul. It's therefore easy to shut up the professional heads of the armed forces and the likes of the police because it frightens democracies if the elected great and good don't have a really short tight choker chain on the Generals and Police Chiefs, the problem here is, the men in uniform are professionals and know their stuff just as in any other professional field, just that they are not allowed to speak frankly publicly.

Be interesting to hear Cameron's and other opponents take, so far I don't think anyone else has pulled Sir Nicholas up?

FB