PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 8th Nov 2015, 19:38
Ian W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ulrichw
Andrasz - I submit that you are speaking with excessive certainty here.

I'm generally skeptical, too, and dismissed the video when it first came out, but as details of the crash have become clearer, I'm not as certain anymore.

To refute your absolute claims, I'd like to refer you to the following video which shows practice shoot-downs of drones by US Air National Guard planes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xISpZYajveA

In particular, look at the "kill" at 3:22 - the missile hit apparently releases and ignites a plume of fuel from the target drone, which initially burns brightly, and then turns into a puff of black smoke.
If you continue watching, for a while, there's only a small flame visible on the wreckage until a few seconds later when the flame gets larger and a visible trail of black smoke develops again.

This is by no means conclusive proof that the footage is real, but it refutes your very absolute claims that the black smoke is impossible under the conditions of the flight.

I'm still very skeptical of the reality of the footage, but I think your absolute rejection is based on shaky arguments.
Well drones do not fly at 450kts at 30,000ft which is why the video looks wrong .
This http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/m...3310182183.mp4 is a video supposedly of ISIS using a MANPAD to bring down an Egyptian army helo. Note that although the helicopter will only be doing about 1/3rd the speed of the A321 there is no 'billowing' of smoke close to the helicopter it is streaming back smoothly for a significant distance. The video claiming to be the 321 is fake. As you can see from the helo video the terrorists want the 'money shot' of the aircraft breaking/burning up and crashing, that is not present in the supposed A321 video despite the break up being only 45 seconds or so after the initial 'event'.